C++ was developed in 1979 by Bjarne Stroustrup at Bells Lab in Murray Hills. It was first known as C language and was called as C with classes but it was renamed as C++ in 1983.
C++ is a Statically typed, compiled, general source purpose, case sensitive, free from a programming language that supports procedural, objected oriented, and generic programming.
C++ consist of three important parts:
1. The core language which includes variables, data types, and literals.
2. The C++ standard library includes a rich set of functions manipulating files, string, etc.
3. The Standard Template Library (STL) includes a rich set of methods manipulating data structures etc.
James Gosling, Mike Sheridan, and Patrick Naughton started developing Java language in 1991. This team of three members was known as Green Team. It was originally designed for embedded systems in electronics appliances like set-top boxes. Java was originally named as ‘Greentalk’ by James Gosling. Then it was named as Oak. And then 1995 they renamed it as Java.
Java is a Programming language and a platform. Java is high level, robust, secured and object-oriented programming language.
As per Sun Microsoft, 3 billion devices run java. There are many devices where we use java some of them are:
1. Desktop Application: acrobat reader, media player, antivirus etc.
2. Web Application: irctc.co.in etc.
3. Enterprise Application like Banking Application
5. Embedded System
6. Smart Card
Advantages of C++:
- C++ is highly portable language and is often the choice multi-device, multi-platform app development.
- C++ is an Object-oriented programming language and includes classes, inheritance, polymorphism, data abstraction and encapsulation.
- C++ allows exception handling and function overloading.
- C++ is powerful, efficient, and fast language – It is used in GUI to 3D graphics to real-time mathematical simulations.
Advantages of Java:
- Easy to learn: Java is designed to be easy to use and is, therefore, easy to write, compile, debug, and learn.
- Object-oriented: This allows you to create modular programs and reusable code.
- Platform independent: The most advantage of Java is to move easily from one computer to another.
- Robust: Java is a robust programming language. In Java, there is a possibility of checking early errors.
From the above blog, you might be clear with the basic information of Java and C++. But there is a lot more to study about the languages. C++ is the basic of all the language. which gives an idea about programming logic and techniques. Java is the language which is used everywhere. Learning Java can give a boost to your career. Consult with best IT training Institute and get trained as a Master of IT.